
So, apparently I'm not the best at keeping up with this blog. I've been waiting until I've had time to take pictures of where we live, and ones of Seattle, but I've got so many other photo projects going on that I haven't had time. (I'll put a few of Seattle on, though--such a pretty place)
Anyways, Mike and I are both working full time and loving it. I drive Mike to work in the morning around 6:30 or 7 am, drive home, and then walk 15 minutes to work. It's so great--I only work 6 blocks from where I live. I walk to the grocery store, the library, to get my hair done, down to Pike Place for fresh fruit, etc. It's very very cool. I recommend that everyone live in the middle of a big city at some point in their life.
In the meantime...I'm so girlfriend-lonely that I chat off anyone's ear who calls me :) It's hard to make new friends in a big city with busy people. Plus, I work with guys, I walk past homeless guys, construction workers that I pass everyday seem to think we're friends now, Mike has all brothers, etc. I'm decided that my fish should officially become women, and maybe I'll talk to them :)

I'd better find chatty friends up here soon, because I'm actually becoming good at Halo! It's kind-of frightening. Usually, I avoid anything where you want to win because I become too competitive, and I don't always like my competitive side. I can be pretty feisty in sports that become too competitive. Mike and I went to a halo party the other day, and it was him, me, and three other guys. Mike was the best, and I was the second best. I'm not sure if I should be proud of that or not.
And by the way, I love the rain. I look forward to walking home in it, umbrella or not. It's more of a drizzle, really. Kind-of like slowly drowning :)
Other than that, I have nothing to complain about. We have a great apartment, fun life, and good family. You can't ask for much more, right? (maybe my mom would disagree--see the title of our blog :) Love ya, mom!
1 comment:
glad to hear that you are loving Seattle...it sounds very cool. I will just have to live vicariously through you so keep us posted! We are excited to see you guys this weekend then we can both chat each other's ear off.
Post a Comment