I have to admit, it was tough for the first 2.5 or so, but psychologically, once we reached the half way point, and turned around to finish, it was much better. Plus, it helped that the wind was blowing from behind, instead of at us. (by the way, I run with my coworker, and we're going to do the Iron Girl in Seattle in September, so props to Jules who has been doing the same training program by herself! I'm not sure if I'd be so tough)
10K update:
Dare I call Becky and Buddy lame for backing out of the race? They may change their minds when they see our great new ideas for our t-shirt logos. Julie and I are debating whether or not the water "people" should get water people t-shirts. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
KC was in Brazil for two months of the training, and may decide to back out? or just run half? I'm thinking that she likes cool t-shirts too much to back out of this one, though. These are one-of-a-kind. (KC--if you run half, you only get half of a t-shirt. Or maybe just the sleeves.)
So, the new count for the race:
Jenny
Julie
KC (may be riding a camel for 1/2 of the 10K)
Mom (bike)
Dad (? bike?)
Mike (also not training, will probably suffer from leg collapse and heat exhaustion because he's still determined to beat everyone)
Last I heard, Randy, Becky, and Buddy are manning the water/banana stand.
Our faithful ole' (not old) Grandma will cheer us home.
To the best part? The logos for our t-shirts. Julie and I found two designs that we loved, and we combined them. I'm still playing around with the colors and the text inside the mountain, but I'm thinking they're going to be pretty cool.
Any votes? Anyone changing their mind about joining the 10k??


No comments:
Post a Comment