I was asked to do a shoot for a little 2 - 3 year old (I never know how old kids really are -- so take that with a grain of salt) last month. I was particularly nervous about this shoot because I'm pretty much an outdoor photographer. But it was going to be too cold to shoot outside, so we decided to give it a try indoors at their condo, where I felt their son would be more comfortable.
I'm embarrassed to say that even though I have a great camera and fantastic lenses, I always shot on Automatic (which is a big no-no for "real" photographers). Which, to be fair, probably works okay for outdoor photos, but definitely not for photoshoots indoors.
To prepare, I took an hour that morning and read through Photo 101 from a stock photographer (who is now teaching online classes...) to learn more about my camera. I learned all about my shutter speed, ISO, aperture, etc -- a total 101 for working your camera.
So -- first shoot on all manual settings -- what do you think?
p.s. you may recognize the (not so little) girl who I've taken pics of in the past. No doubting the good genes in this family :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comment:
nice work! I like the lighting in all of them. You know I don't know much about photography, but I think they look great! :)
Post a Comment