I have to say that the funniest thing about sending this card out is the length of time that it has taken some people to realize what the card is saying. I personally didn't think it was very abstract, but maybe that's because I already knew what we were sharing with everyone.
After looking at the card for a second, my boss was like "um... nice legs?" and then his next thought: "did you drop something on the ground?" And... then came the realization. And others were curious as to why we did pink shoes -- what if we were wrong?!
So -- if you can't tell from the card, we are expecting a little girl (yes, we already know for sure) on July 13, 2012. We had a little bit of drama a few weeks ago with a blood test flagging us for a high probability of down syndrome, but the tests came back negative for any chromosomal problems, which was a huge relief.
We're really excited for what this summer will bring and I know that it won't take long for her to have Michael wrapped around her little finger. I can't even tell you how many times he's already tried singing to my stomach (even though I tell him she can't hear yet), just so that she can get used to his voice. And barbershop.
For my part, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant if I didn't have the ultrasound to prove it. I've been blessed to have no symptoms, and am not showing yet. I would have tried to keep it a secret (much) longer, but that's not really possible when married to someone like Michael. I think he told his whole office before we even had the chance to tell my family.
I always said, however, that I didn't want to have kids until he was more excited about it than I was, and I think we're there. I mostly credit Kent and Elizabeth for letting us experience their amazing children. At the first ultrasound, Michael kept asking our doctor if she was SURE that there was only one in there.
| so lucky to be surrounded by family |
We will have been married for 8 years by the time she comes and I can't think of a better anniversary present.
xoxo
Jenny (and Michael)

3 comments:
Woo hoo!!! I love love love your card. So adorable. And she is going to be a heartbreaker. Porter can hardly wait to take her out... Congrats, that is a pretty awesome anniversary present.
Saaaa-weeet!!!! You know, as soon as I got your e-mail said you were sending christmas cards for the first time in nearly 8 years of marriage, my first thought was "I bet they are expecting!" haha I'm happy my thought is right! And I am even more excited that you guys already know that it's a girl! Congrats!!! You guys are going to amazing parents!! Hope we can meet her some time! Congrats again!! So happy you haven't been sick! Yeah! AND I think the announcement card is way cute!!! And you do have nice legs ;)
I LOVE this news! (and you would be proud to know I caught your meaning right away). TellMichael to keep singing. Ster has done it with all my pregnancies and we loved seeing them respond to his voice - you'll have to wait a few months of course. So happy for the two of you!
Post a Comment