My main New Years goal for 2011 was to take one polaroid picture every day for a year. Most of my friends and family (lovingly) rolled their eyes when I pulled it out at one event every day. For Halloween, I was even thinking about dressing up as a polaroid picture. In reality, I'm just kind of lazy and just told people about it -- I figured that was creative enough.
When Elea was born, I thought it would be fun to carry the theme over and make her announcement into a polaroid camera where people pull out the picture of her themselves.
In the months leading up to her birth, I wasn't allowed to exercise anymore (see this post), so I had a lot of time on my hands. It took me somewhere between 8 and 10 hours to design the polaroid camera in photoshop. The inside was easy -- I designed it and then just had to wait until she was born to add her picture to it.
What was not easy was the amount of work once they were printed. I had to put a slit in all of the cameras, cut out the insides so that the "pull me" had a tab, cut out the backs from cardstock, and then glue it strategically so that the fake polaroid fit in just right, but not far enough that it would get stuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
definitely worth all of the trouble!
Post a Comment