Thursday, June 20, 2013

Letter to Elea: 11 months

Elea,

Happy 11 months! It’s cliché to say that time goes by so quickly, so I won’t. But you are growing so fast and learning so many things, and we love being on this journey with you.



You have dropped your third nap for the most part and now sleep around 12 hours at night (loving that!). You don’t cry when you wake up, but kind of roll around, wave at the camera, and play with your binkies and stuffed animals until you decide you’re ready to get out of your crib. I know you’re ready because you sit up and look around, or stand up and throw your binkies over the edge.

I slowly slide open the door and you get so excited, although it’s pretty dark in the closet where you sleep, so you’re usually pretty squinty-eyed. As we walk over to the bed where your dad is (always) still asleep, you make it your goal to wake him by saying “dad. dad. dad. dad.” and patting his arm, or pulling his hair, or grabbing his nose, etc. Whatever works.


But you can’t be distracted for long and you do the cutest little sign for milk.
[video coming]

I thought I would continue breastfeeding until at least one year, but you have decided that you’re done and like the independence of holding a bottle by yourself. And I couldn’t be happier (freedom!!)

I get home around 4ish and the first thing you do when I walk in the door is to start shaking your arms frenetically – you just can’t wait for me to pick you up. Besides playing with you in the morning, it’s my favorite part of the day.

Although you started crawling almost two months ago, you are so fast now! It must be because of all of the races you have already done with us. You’ll be running in no time!

 
Color Run 2013: Before + After

So tired after Beat the Bridge 8K!

Beat the Bridge 2013 (we JUST beat it!)
Taking a break on our run so Aunt Angie can get some cuddles in
On a run with Aunt MK

You pull yourself up onto furniture, can walk while holding onto things, and just this week, you stood up from sitting position all by yourself and stood there for a few seconds before sitting back down!





You are a very happy, relaxed baby. You play by yourself, throwing balls, playing with blocks, crawling around, but you especially love books. You will sit by yourself, turning the pages and babbling out loud as if you’re reading them. And on cue, when you get to a certain page of certain books, you’ll yell out loud and shake your arms (because that’s what we do when we read them together). I can’t help but sit and smile at you.

You LOVE bath time and playing in the water. Sometimes when I’m getting ready in the morning, I’ll sit you on the sink and you’ll play with the water, bang cups on the counter, and then as soon as I brush my teeth, you’re also ready for your toothbrush. Although you don’t brush (your non-existent teeth. Seriously – still none!) as much as you dip it in the water and suck on it. But it’s still adorable.


Our favorite game to play together is hide-and-seek, combined with peek-a-boo:


[side note: when I show you these videos on my phone, you laugh every time I yell "boo" as you come around the corner]

Hopefully the last time a boy will cry when you try to kiss him...

Love by the Kelly Family

Loved by the Hulet and Webb Family

Reading books with Aunt Allie and Uncle Drew

Sharing smiles with Uncle Brian


More like sisters than cousins

Snuggles with your Oma during church

Laughing with your Uroma and Great-Grandma Kelly


You are surrounded by so much love by family and friends and we constantly are amazed by what a wonderful little girl you are and how lucky we are to have you in our life.

Love you kid,
Mom

p.s. Some video highlights that aren't necessarily from the last month, but worth sharing:

Your Aunt MacKenzie really really wanted to be the one who helped you crawl for the first time, but she was still in Portland when you started crawling one Sunday morning. We kept it a secret for a WHOLE WEEK! Then, when they were up visiting the next morning, we staged this:



She really loves other babies...a little too much:

No comments: