We caught a bus from our house at around 4:45. Funny story, there, about my great neighborhood (see here for more great stories), but there was a homeless woman waiting for the bus as well. It was around 10 minutes late, and slightly drizzling. I walked over to ask someone else if they were waiting for the airport bus, and they confirmed that they were. As I was walking back over to Mike, I noticed that the woman was squatting in the door way. Was she really? No... really? Yes, she was... she was going #2 right there in the doorway. Now, I get that it was dark out and early in the morning, but really...that is so disgusting. Afterwards, she pulled up her pants, and kind of walked around like a toddler who has just wet his pants. (sigh). My great neighborhood.
Anyways, we hung out with some great friends in the morning, and then headed over to see Julie on Temple Square. It was funny because we told Guest Services that it was Kaycee coming (even though KC didn't think I should lie to them), so we were there a little early, kind of trying to hide from Sis Hulet so that she didn't see us from too far away. Brad thought he saw her in the distance, so we were kind of moving behind a sign so she couldn't see us. Right then, the doors slid open 10 ft away and she walked out -- I kind of screamed because I was shocked, and then she screamed because she was expecting KC. Anyways, it was cute. We had a great time and she knew so much about temple square.After that, we headed down to Provo and right down to Parowan to see our Grandma. It was a quick trip, just dinner and games, but it was great to see her.
We headed back up early in the morning and went to Paul and Claudia's -- we went to church choir, and then Quincy's homecoming. The next day was my birthday - I went shopping, hung out with my best friend from High School, Rachel, and then went and did some more shopping! It doesn't get much better.
And, of course, to continue traditions, we went to Bombay House for dinner. Here's the crew:
After Bombay, we had cold stone ice cream with Caleb, Kendra, and Brad, and then headed back up to SL where Jen and Dom surprised me with some cheesecake! It was such a great surprise and we were so glad that we were able to spend time with them.
AND...I probably gained 5 pounds on this trip, but whatever...
We had too much to do, and too little time! All in all, it was a great trip and although we love Seattle, we miss all of our amazing friends.
(sorry for the lame post... I had too much to write and too many photos to edit, and then I get impatient and don't really write about everything that happened. Someday I'll become a better blogger)












No comments:
Post a Comment