I hit 6 months today, which means that time is already flying. Part of that is that it is flying, and the other part is that because I basically have no symptoms, I'm able to pretend that nothing is really happening.
But the worst symptom for me has been pain during running (yes, I realize I'm very very lucky). Although, due to recent encounters with me and my lack of patience, I don't think Mike would agree which one is the "worst" -- pain during running or my severe hormonal imbalance (aka irrational, low patience, tears, etc.).
I'm determined, however, to make it to the two half marathons that I've signed up for between now and my due date. I have done the Seattle Rock n' Roll Half Marathon since the "inaugural" race three years ago, so whether I'm jogging, walking, or cheating in some way, I'm planning on doing what it takes to get my medal this year (because you all know that's the real reason I'm doing it).
| Rock n' Roll Seattle 2009 |
![]() |
| Rock n' Roll Seattle 2010 |
![]() |
| Rock n' Roll San Jose 2010 |
![]() |
| Rock n' Roll San Jose 2010 |
![]() |
| 2011 Rock n' Roll Seattle |
The nice thing about the rock n' roll series is that they have a "slow wagon" that comes by and picks up people that are still running (walking) when they have to reopen the roads. It drives you up the course (smiling and waving at people) so that you can finish in time. I'm using that as my
Not really related, but there is this hilarious post on metafilter, answering the question "can you run a marathon without training?":
And then -- it was mile 23 or 24 I think -- my forearms started cramping. I didn't even think I was using forearms. And then the crusty dried salt caking onto my face somehow got under my contacts. And my thighs had started chafing so I had to curl my shorts up inside themselves. So, in a few miles, I had gone from a runner, to a powerwalker, to this squinting blind torture victim. I looked like those evil characters in movies that stumble out of the burning house when you thought they were dead...just lunging forward blindly. It was scary, but you knew it wasn't going to last long.
But go read the whole thing -- it's great. In the meantime, I'll continue my own half jog, half hobble, half working through cramps while getting my fitness in so that I can make it to my two half marathons.
Did I mention that the Seattle Rock n' Roll Half Marathon is three weeks before my due date?





2 comments:
Wow 6 months already??? And you seriously look amazing! Way to keep your running tradition alive! But man, that blog post you shared.... absolutely hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing! I could visualize although sad for the person, sooo funny! I had to share it on my blog because I have so many running friends who I know will love it! haha Thanks for sharing, totally made my night!
Don't want any early arrivals because of your craziness -- you be vewy, vewy carefull :)
Post a Comment