Friday, November 16, 2007

New: All I want for Christmas


If you see my post below, I've changed my mind on the Sony CyberShot and I am going with my new favorite: (this is the only new favorite I'll have...this month).

Canon is definitely one of the most reliable camera brands. I have two Canon's and love them.

My new recommendation: Canon PowerShot SC750 IS. You can get this at Costco for around $220-$240.

When I went to Costco and tried out my former Sony CyberShot favorite, I found out some things that I definitely do not like.
1. The Cybershot is the only camera the photo guy has had to change the batteries on
2. The touch screen takes forever, is hard to figure out (even for me!), and puts fingerprints all over my screen
3. It doesn't have as fast of a shutter speed as I like.

Why you should do the Powershot (or buy it for me....)
1. Super fast shutter speed.
2. Good depth of field (meaning if you focus on something up close, the background is blurry).
3. Good in low light situations
4. Easy to choose your settings.
5. Battery lasts a long time (also, not normal batteries...they come with a charger...lasts way longer)
6. The "cool" features listed for the CyberShot weren't as cool as I thought and would take too long to do anything fun with.

The End.

No comments: