Friday, November 7, 2008

Life Update

I know that I'm the biggest slacker when it comes to updating our blog.

I have a really good excuse, though. Well, only kind of good.

I also never updated the blog on our Amazing Parowan 10K, and then I ran another 10K with my coworker back in Seattle. Click on my mom's blog for pics of the Parowan 10K. Here are two pics from the Iron Girl:










I think I finished in basically the same time as the Parowan 10K, but the Parowan 10K photographer definitely cheered more (thanks Dad!). In that period of time, I lost about 18 pounds, but then for about a month or so, I plateaued.

So, what's next for Michael and I? One of my favorite people (Stef) was up here for a visit and told me about this new health/fitness plan that she was about to start called P90X. Instead of following the program from Jillian Michael's book (from biggest loser) like I was about to do, I purchased the program that's a step down from P90X called Power 90. And I actually convinced Michael to join me. My inspiration? Dale Christensen's blog, a doctor that Stef worked with in the ER down in Provo. Check it out - his results, even in the three month period, are amazing. And for me, it's not some random guy. It's some random guy that my friend knows.

Michael and I started by doing a fat-burning pre-week and in just 7 days of eating right, 35-minute workouts, not eating 2 hours before the workout, and not eating after 8 pm, he lost 3 pounds, and I lost 2. And now, with the first actual week of Power 90 almost over, I've lost another .7 pound, and feel great.

So... 82 more days, here we come! Of course, we started at the WORST time...right before Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

Here's the benefit to doing this as a couple: we get up at 6 to do the workout (I have to wake Michael up like 5 times before he actually gets up...), and he motivates me to not cheat by eating all the cookies that seem to be popping up everywhere we go.

I know that we've only been on this for two weeks, but this is the best program I've ever been on. (again...I know it's only been two weeks). I've done so many different programs, had a personal trainer, trained for a 10K, and nothing else has helped me lose weight this fast and consistently, and I can actually see my muscles getting better. Is that even possible?

I guess I don't post because we don't have any news, and I never take pictures of Michael and I. Just everyone else I know. And I wish that all of you that don't live here would post way more pictures of you and your kids! We live vicariously through all of you :)

Well, a pretty boring post, but at least you'll see something different than that lame Q & A about why you shouldn't work out.

4 comments:

Momma H. said...

HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU -- just wanted you to know that I read your blog and was thrilled to have something different to read this time!! Luvs! Mom

Liz said...

That sounds cool. I'll have to check out that Dr.'s blog. I loved seeing the picture of your running! Yeah for Jennie-girl. I've decided a pretty much hate hate hate running so step aerobics for me. But I'm glad some people like it.

WareHouse said...

I am about to buy P90X! Now I am going to look into Power 90. I am glad you are having success! Keep up the hard work!

Mindy :) said...

I used to do Power 90 with my roommate back in college! I agree - probably the best program I had ever tried!